Sunday, 23 June 2013
Deutsche Versuchsanstalt für Luftfahrt (DVL), Berlin-Adlershof, 1936, Part 3
Selected images of new facilities of the Deutsche Versuchsanstalt für Luftfahrt (DVL) [German Research Institute for Aviation] in Berlin-Adlershof, originally published in Moderne Bauformen - Monatshefte für Architektur und Raumkunst [Modern Construction Design - Monthly Magazine For Architecture And Interior Art], volume XXXV, issue no. 10, October 1936, Julius Hoffmann Verlag, Stuttgart, Germany.
Top: the large DVL aircraft hangar at Berlin-Adlershof. The utilizable interior of the building measured 70 m wide by 40 m deep. A Junkers Ju 52/3m can just be seen parked on the apron.
Centre: magnified detail view of the above photo, showing Junkers Ju 160 B-0 D-UBON, Werknummer 4217, assigned to the German air ministry (RLM).
Bottom: another magnified detail view of the above photo. In spite of the somewhat deficient quality, it is possible to identify the aircraft in the rear as Junkers F 13 ge D-ONYX (formerly D-1563), Heidelerche [wood lark], Werknummer 2031, assigned to the DVL. The aircraft nearest to the camera, D-OHOT, is likely a Junkers W 33. (Additional aircraft identity confirmation courtesy of the LEMB Stammkennzeichen Database Project)